As a teacher, I strive to inspire in my students a love and appreciation for music through dedication, discipline and, most importantly, fun. A very patient teacher, I connect easily with students of all ages.
I really love to teach and still take lessons myself to keep learning the latest drumming techniques and to keep my curriculum new and exciting for my students. I am trained in many styles of music including rock, blues, jazz, gospel, rock, funk, Brazilian, and Cuban.
I create an individual lesson plan for every student that is focused on the student’s interests as well as short and long term goals. I feel tremendously fortunate to be able to share my love of music and drumming with my students. What better job could I possibly have then teaching students the best and most fun instrument in the world.
PRIMARY FOCUS OF LESSONS
For Intermediate and Avanced Students
- Technique (Moeller, Gladstone).
- Proper grip (Developing a fulcrum point).
- Coordination (Jazz, Rock, Left foot clave, Osinatos).
- Rudiments (40 international Rudiment, Alan Dawson Rudimental Ritual and Tommy Igoe’s Advanced Warm Up).
- Styles including rock, jazz, Latin, blues, metal, Brazilian, Cuban, pop, reggae, etc.
- Preparation for high school and college entrance auditions like OSCA, SOCSA, Berklee, MI, NEC, etc.
- Your favorite songs (Any style).
- How to set a up practice routine.
- How to effectively practice.
- How to practice and use your time effectively, by setting up a practice routine.
- Record portions of lessons to analize your playing.
- Record drum covers for YouTube.
- How to practice with a click.
- HAVE FUN!!!
THE BENEFITS OF DRUMMING
The drum is the oldest instrument (besides the voice) and has been an integral part of cultures from around the world for thousands of years. Throughout the centuries the drum has been used for many purposes including spiritual and ceremonial gatherings, celebrations, parties and dance.
Studying the drums can improve concentration, eye hand coordination, math skills, discipline, confidence and creativity. Whether or not a student chooses a career in music, the benefits of learning an instrument can carry over into all areas of the student’s life and build confidence and a love of music that will last a lifetime.
Hours of Operation
by appointment only
MON – THUR
12:00pm – 9:00pm
12:00pm – 6:00pm
We are closed